The limitations that the corona measures entail, cause a change of course in the project ‘Art in elderly care’. Nevertheless, the artists within the various programs and initiatives know how to give an alternative interpretation to their activities. Because especially in this difficult time, the elderly need distraction, inspiration, comfort and contact.
“Before people will need a psychiatrist or a psychologist, give the residents in elderly care organisations some paper, brushes and paint.” – participant of an art initiative
Luckily there are a lot of initiatives, as the webinar with 300 artists and healthcare workers from all over the world showed. All participants are involved in dance, singing, visual education, poetry etc. during these trying corona times. Please find below some inspiring examples of art in times of corona:
- Various examples in the field of music, creative assignments for activities, live demonstrations and creative writing workshops, curated by Irish colleagues.
- An overview of American care art projects during COVID-19, from theatre, singing to dancing.
- Inspiration from English mental health care in times of corona.
- Examples of making music and singing at a safe distance.
- Creative ideas about story telling with the elderly. For example, draw on windows!