Facing retirement, 10% dreams of starting their own business and 73% needs to keep working for financial reasons. Did you know that start-ups by seniors are more successful and sustainable? By encouraging entrepreneurial activity we could give people the opportunity to live out an active livestyle, increase employability and reduce risks of financial vulnerability and ageism.
In the fall of 2019 we will launch an educational start-up programme with seniors. Piloting in the Netherlands and Poland, the programme will be open for about 80 participants. There is no registration fee.
We offer a blended programme of eight weeks, combining face-to-face events with adaptive personalized online learning and support of peers, business coaches and top experts. What is on the agenda during eight weeks for the participants? Topics include:
- Discover customer insights
- The ability to apply design thinking
- Learn to test assumptions fast
- Basic knowledge of business models
- Basic knowledge of (online) marketing
- Introductory knowledge of change management and mindset
- Getting acquaintance with tools to develop prototypes such as open source coding
We aim at 50+ with an idea for a business that are currently unemployed or in the workplace but want a second career and retirees that wish to start their own business.
For more information and registration, please contact our projectmanager mrs. Ineke Vlek at email@example.com.
The programme is funded by EIT Health.
Watch our trailer (1.16 minute) for more information: