We contribute to an inclusive society that appreciates the value of all generations, and where people of all ages feel invited to participate.
A person’s opportunities to lead a vital and meaningful life depend to a large extent on the society and social environment in which one lives. We advocate that all individuals at old age can remain an integral and valuable part of society and be socially active, if they care to do so. This would create opportunities for the elderly and for society as a whole, to benefit from the wisdom, knowledge and experience that are currently mostly ignored. Crucial to this, is the perception in society of elderly people and ageing. We will research and if possible positively influence this perception, using the insight that negative images of older people and ageing will change after people meeting as equals.
- Life’s lessons (LevensLes, a Dutch initiative to connect the young and old)
- Us & corona (Wij & corona, a Dutch platform)
- Wellbeing of seniors with a non-Dutch background
- Intergenerational relations
- The image of being old
- Perceptions before and after a healthcare internship
- Research into informal and alternative care networks
For more information, please contact Jolanda Lindenberg.