Leyden Academy on Vitality and Ageing is a knowledge centre established in 2008. The centre has the mission to improve the quality of life of older people. To realize this we offer education, we conduct research and initiate developments in the area of vitality and ageing. Leyden Academy does not exclusively aim for conducting research, but sets out to integrate knowledge and insights and critically evaluate and communicate about this via educational programmes, consultation and public outreach.
One of our focus areas is Connected, an area in which we also explore the perception and image of older people. To further this theme and to develop this subject, we aim to conduct research, engage activities with and for, and develop educational programmes for and about older individuals with a non-Dutch background.
To conduct this research, we are looking for a:
Researcher with PhD (F/M, 32-40 hours a week)
The tasks concern:
- Prepare and conduct research;
- Collect data;
- Enter and analyse data;
- Work together and communicate with older people with a non-Dutch background;
- Work together with relevant stakeholders;
- Write, publish and communicate in scientific and non-scientific media;
- Develop and give education and training.
Your profile is as follows:
- You have a PhD in social sciences, health care sciences, medicine or another relevant area of interest;
- You have experience with qualitative (field) research and quantitative research;
- You work independent and in a team successfully, are enthusiastic and show initiative;
- You have affinity with older people;
- You have proven experience with individuals with a non-Dutch background.
We offer you a year contract (payment max. collective labour agreement (CAO) UMC schaal 11) in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment. You work in the beautiful Poortgebouw, right across from Leiden CS.
Further inquiries can be made by email to Jolanda Lindenberg, PhD. Are you interested? Send your letter of application with resume before 14 June 2017 to Leyden Academy on Vitality and Ageing, email email@example.com a.o. dr. J. Lindenberg.